A ‘portable’ campfire for summer nights and barbeques on the beach
What is the Swedish Torch Log?
Once used by the Swedish army as an instant multi-functional source of heat and light, the Swedish Torch Log is the latest product to join the sustainable firewood line up at Kindwood. It really is a ‘portable’ campfire for Summer!
In its simplest terms, the Swedish Torch Log is a 34cm tall log that has been partly spliced and adorned with a rope for easy carrying. All you need to do to enjoy the Torch Log is pop one of Kindwood’s natural firelighters (made from 100% waste wood and recycled vegetable oil) in the centre of the ‘cuts’ and watch the magic happen. The splicing enables the perfect amount of air flow to enter the log, providing plenty of gorgeous heat for keeping the chill off, or for having a more authentic and rustic barbeque experience out in the wilderness (or garden!)
What makes the Swedish Torch Log different?
What sets the Torch Log apart from other product of this ilk is the fact it is clean, portable and self-contained. With a burn time of 2-3 hours all you have to do once the fire has died down is dampen the remains and dispose of the wood or use it on your next big bonfire.
Unlike disposable barbeques which have become the go-to for al fresco dining on the go, the Swedish Torch Log will not leave unsightly and dangerous burn marks as it burns from the inside out and keeps its shape whilst burning, nor will it damage the environment or wildlife should it be left behind (but please don’t – always take your rubbish home!) as wood naturally degrades unlike aluminium. The Swedish Torch Log is the perfect choice for environmentally responsible consumers.
Where can I use the Swedish Torch Log?
In the garden, on the beach or wherever you want to enjoy some heat/light or a rustic barbeque. The torches are also perfect for lighting paths at parties or adding a seriously cool (temporary) lighting solution in the garden.
Where can I buy the Swedish Torch Log from?
Just hop onto www.kindwood.co.uk where you can purchase the Torch Log for just £17.99 including free next day delivery, plus access all the other Kindwood sustainable products. But be quick – the first batch sold out in days!
In a nutshell – the Kindwood Difference
- All Kindwood wood is kiln-dried to less than 20% moisture content which means it burns at a high temperature with a long and natural flame
- Every piece of wood is dried using 100% captured waste heat from a biogas plant at Kindwood’s Norfolk-based yard
- The drying process and wood choice also means that Kindwood products are low in tar, so better for your appliance
- Kindwood products are ideal for wood-burning stoves, multi-fuel stoves, pizza ovens or traditional open fires
- Kindwood is big on recycling which is why its products are supplied in rustic ex-fruit/veg crates and hessian sack from local farms and orchards, both of which are perfect for repurposing around the home and garden as storage or decorative accents
- All Kindwood wood is carefully sourced from responsibly managed woodland in the UK within a maximum radius of 80 miles of its HQ
Fancy another serving