Spiced chicken thighs with Baharat curried lentils, quinoa, arugula, red onion, baby cucumber, cherry tomatoes, picked basil and a coconut curry cream dressing from Simple Tasty Healthy by PW.
A nice middle eastern feast. Curried lentils, quinoa, rocket, red onion, baby cucumber, cherry tomatoes, picked basil. Along with spiced Baharat chicken thighs and a coconut curry cream dressing.
- 8 chicken thighs(on the bone)
- 200g rocket
- 4 tablespoons of Baharat Seasoning
- 300g cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 8 baby cucumber (sliced)
- 16 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- Handful of fresh basil (picked leaves)
- 4 tablespoons of curry powder
- 500g of cooked quinoa(available in all good supermarkets)
- 500g of cooked lentils(available in all good supermarkets) 8tablespoons of creamed coconut(available in cans at all supermarkets)
- First of all preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle seasoning over chicken and rub well into the chicken. And cook in the oven for 35 minutes
- While the chicken is cooking you can prepare the rest of the ingredients. Gather a large bowl add quinoa and lentils, the good thing about this it can be served hot or cold depending on your preference.
- Add 2 tablespoons of curry powder and mix well.
- Add the remaining and ingredients and mix well cover with a damp kitchen paper to keep fresh.
- For the cream gather a medium size bowl add the coconut cream and remaining curry powder add a little of the water and mix well.
For the presentation
Place the rocket in the middle of the plate and spoon the remaining of the ingredients around the plate place the chicken on top of the argula and drizzle over the curry cream dressing and enjoy.