Guest recipe from our friend EmmieB. For more healthy recipes follow @EmmieBHungry on Instagram
A pie is one of the most comforting of foods but can also be calorie dense and full of bad fats. This simple 1 hour recipe brings all the flavour for a fraction of the calories.
Healthy Chicken and Mushroom Pie – Serves 4 – 265 calories a slice
- 250g Chicken breast
- 4 Sheets of Filo Pastry
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 White onion
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Leeks
- 2 Carrots
- Pack of chestnut mushrooms
- 4 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 400 ml Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 tsp Mace
- 4 tbsp Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Salt and Pepper
- Marinade the chicken overnight in garlic, thyme and rosemary. This is not essential but will add extra flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Fry the onion, garlic, leeks, carrot, chicken and mushrooms until all have softened. Add the fresh type, mace, mustard and fry for a further 5 mins.
- Add the stock, yoghurt, cornflour and seasoning and cook for a further 10 mins until everything is soft and the pie filling has thickened.
- In a pie tin layer the sheet of filo pastry in the pie tin so that they hang over the edge evenly. Fill with the pie filling and fold the pastry up over.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until golden.