The Yes Peas! team have been busy crafting more inspired pea-centric recipes of late and this tasty Salmon Sashimi and Asian Pea Salad might just be our favourite yet. Here’s how it’s done.
- 150g cooked red quinoa and mixed grains
- A good handful of baby Asian salad leaves
- 6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into long slices
- Sea salt flakes & freshly ground black pepper
- 400g sashimi-grade salmon fillet
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- A handful of chives, snipped, to serve
For the dressing
- 100ml mirin
- A small piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the salad leaves, radish, peas, avocado, the quinoa and half of the dressing.
- Season the salmon and sprinkle over the sesame seeds pressing them down lightly onto the fish and drizzle with a little oil.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and quickly sear the salmon on both sides for a minute or two, leaving it slightly raw in the middle. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly before slicing thinly.
- Serve the salmon with the salad, scatter over the chives and drizzle over the remaining dressing.
For more incredible recipes, head to Yes Peas!