There are times in life when only tacos will do, and all other snacks just seem so beige and unappealing. If you share our love for the classic Mexican dish, then you’ll love this new recipe from the guys over at Wensleydale Creamery.
With a perfect balance of sweet and spicy flavours, these Pulled Pork Tacos are designed to make your taste buds sing and are best served with a sprinkling of creamy Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese. Here’s how they’re done:
Serves 4 • Prepare in 10 mins
- 200g Yorkshire Wensleydale Cheese
- 1kg of cooked Pulled Pork
- 8 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- 8 Corn Tortilla Wraps
- 2 Baby Gem Lettuce
- 1 punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Apples
- 4 tsps of Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsps Molasses or Black Treacle
- 8 slices of Streaky Bacon
- 1. Peel 4 apples, cut into wedges and then place on a tray. Cover with the molasses and sprinkle with smoked paprika
- 2. Bake the apples at 180° C until they have gone soft and lightly caramelised
- 3. Place the slices of streaky bacon in between two tightly fitting trays and bake in the oven for 10 mins at 180° C. Once crispy, remove from the oven and cut into small pieces
- 4. Wash and chop the baby gem lettuce and halve cherry tomatoes
- 5. Lightly toast the soft tortillas in a griddle pan for approx. one minute on each side
- 6. To assemble, spread the Sriracha sauce onto the toasted taco and place the little gem and tomatoes on top
- 7. Add the pulled pork, caramelised apple and crispy bacon pieces.
- 8. Lastly crumble over the Yorkshire Wensleydale and serve
- Chef’s Top Tip: To stop your bacon from curling, place the bacon slices between two baking trays so that they stay flat when cooking.
Yorkshire Wenseydale Cheese is available online here or in-store at your local Co-Op.