An open-air slice of modern Mexico – Nine Lives’ renowned tropical vibes are spilling out onto the cobbles of Holyrood Street, designed and produced by parent company and global drinks agency, Sweet&Chilli. Following government guidelines for outdoor drinking and dining, the team are ensuring all necessary safety measures are met. This rare pocket of al fresco London is the perfect destination to enjoy some killer cocktails and the legendary tacos of native Mexican chef ‘El Tigre’.
An open-air slice of modern Mexico – Chef ‘El Tigre’ whose family restaurant is a taco institution in Guadalajara, Mexico; is parking up his Tigre Taco truck on Nine Lives Alley for the rest of 2020. Serving a menu of sustainable and seasonal fish tacos, Baja-style, inspired by the free spirit culture and sun-kissed flavours of Southern California in the 70’s. The menu will include Baja-style fish tacos, grilled shrimp tacos and octopus tostadas all served with house made fresh salsas and crispy pickles.
The famous (and frustratedly furloughed!) Nine Lives bar team will be keeping the cocktail menu local, seasonal and sustainable with a menu of summer spritzes, frozen slushies and low alcohol highballs, alongside chilled local beers and ciders. Keep shining sunshine!☀️
Situated right in the shadow of The Shard, Holyrood Street is an intriguing little side street nestled between London Bridge station’s new main entrance and bustling Bermondsey Street. The design of the space is inspired by modern Mexico City, with bursts of intense colour, terracotta, agaves and desert grasses, with rattan lampshades dressing the festoon lighting in true Nine Lives style.
And of course, here is how Nine Lives Alley is staying safe:
- Limited capacity complying with distancing regulations
- All staff will wear gloves and surgical (yet stylish) face masks
- Guests will be asked to take their own food and drink from our trays rather than staff serving in the usual way!
- All guests will be required to sanitise their hands on arrival using the foot-operated Nine Lives Penguin
- Each table will have its own mini-penguin for regular sanitising
- Contactless-only payments will be taken
- Menus will be available directly to your phone via QR codes
Summer Opening Times – Tue-Sat, 12:00-22:00
For another serving