The Groovy Food Company Jubilee Showstopper Cake
The Groovy Food Company have created a brand-new Jubilee Showstopper cake recipe! As you can see, it’s a really impressive cake, but easy to create, and we thought it might be of interest for people heading to street parties or having friends and family to visit over the long weekend.
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp The Groovy Food Company Virgin Coconut Oil (melted and then cooled)
- 350g natural yoghurt
- 320g spelt flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Optional: powdered sugar for dusting
For the filling:
- 300g natural yoghurt
- 100g raspberry jam
For the garnish:
- Handful of fresh blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Mix the eggs, melted coconut oil, yoghurt in a bowl until creamy.
- Add the spelt flour and baking powder. Continue to mix until it forms a batter.
- Prepare two springform tins of the same size: line them with baking paper. Spread the batter evenly between both tins
- Bake the cakes for about 20 minutes. Allow to cool fully.
- Cover one of the cakes with jam. Spread the yoghurt cream on top. Set the other cake on top.
- Decorate with fresh fruit and dust with icing sugar, if desired. Slice and serve.