Eddie Shepherd is an award winning modern plant-based chef, cookbook author and development chef. Check out this vibrant and healthy soup with a chilli kick
- 2 sticks of celery (wash and chop)
- 3 sweet potatoes (peel and chop)
- 2 white onions (sliced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 small chilli (chopped)
- 3 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- Salt & pepper
- 30g of butter or dairy free butter
- A blender
- 1 medium pot
1. Add the butter to pot on a medium heat. Once it has started to melt add a tiny drizzle of oil. This is now time to add in your Vegetables (Sweet Potatoes, Garlic, Onion, Celery and Chillies).
2. Cook for around five minutes and stir the vegetables regularly. Now Dissolve the stock cubes in hot water and cover the vegetables in the stock then leave to simmer
3. Once the vegetables are soft add the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until it is a nice smooth consistency.