Conchiglie con prosciutto crudo, funghi shitake e salsa di parmigiano from Simple Tasty Healthy by PW
Conchiglie con prosciutto crudo, funghi shitake e salsa di parmigiano to give it its full Italian name. Pasta shells ( Conchiglie ) hold all the delicious cheese sauce and the ham gives a lovely salty bite
It is a simple dish, despite it’s rather complicated sounding Italian name that makes for a great and slightly luxurious mid week meal or a weekend dinner party dish that will WOW your guests.
The White Sauce
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g plain flour
- 500ml of whole/semi skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons of double cream
- 1 Clove of garlic (crushed)
- 50g Shaved parmesan cheese
- 300g Conchiglie pasta
- 500ml of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of salt
The Mushrooms and Prosciutto
- 200g prosciutto ham
- 200g Shitake Mushrooms (sliced)
- The Cheese
- 200g Parmesan Cheese (shaved)
- Firstly, get the water on for the pasta. Adding the Salt and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and stir to prevent sticking and cook for 12 minutes and stir occasionally.
- While the pasta is cooking bring the 500ml of milk to the boil. In a separate pan melt down the butter add the garlic and cook for a few minutes. Mix in the flour well until a paste has formed. With a whisk gradually add the milk until a sauce has formed and then add parmesan.
- (To do parmesan shavings, with a potato peeler simply peel the parmesan from the side)
- In a separate pan drizzle in a little olive oil and add a knob of butter, add mushrooms and season with salt black pepper. Add half of the prosciutto and cook for a few minutes stirring well and then the parmesan cheese sauce, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- By this stage the pasta should be cooked. Strain, add to the sauce and mix well, check the seasoning.
- Serve in heated bowls or plates, add the remaining parmesan and prosciutto on top. Why not try some chopped flat leaf parsley for extra colour and serve. This is delicious with garlic bread.
For any further ideas please contact me on Paulwatters35@gmail.com or on my Facebook page simple tasty healthy by pw.