Eddie Shepherd is an award winning modern plant-based chef, cookbook author and development chef. Check out this delicious and healthy (ier) pasta dish.
A great dish if you are trying to diet or be a little more healthier. Cauliflower gives you a great creamy pasta sauce with a hint of smokiness from the cheese and that little ounce of decadence from the truffle oil.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 White Onion
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 45 grams of butter
- Rigatoni 250g
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
- 40grams of apple wood cheese (grated) extra for the top
- Black truffle oil
- Trim down the Cauliflower and cut into florets, Finely slice the Onions .Add to a pan with the Butter and fry for a few minutes.
- Now add your Garlic and thyme and continue to cook on a Medium heat ,Stirring often .
- Dissolve the stock cube in Hot water and cover the cauliflower .Simmer until it goes soft .Remove the thyme stems from the pot.
- In another pot add boiling water and salt .Bring this to the boil .Add the Rigatoni and cook for 8 minutes .
- Blend the cauliflower until smooth If its to thick add a little water. Then through a sieve push the cauliflower through to make sure the mixture is silky smooth and not lumpy .
- Drain the pasta and add to the cauliflower sauce to the pan. Now add in the apple wood cheese. Season with salt and pepper to your taste .Chop some parsley and toss it together .
- Serve in a bowl ,Drizzle with truffle oil and add some shaved apple wood for decoration.
- To make this completely Vegan all you have to do is change the Butter to Dairy free . Most Dried pasta is Vegan but always double check .You also get Vegan Apple wood .