A Quick Snack Flatbread. When time is of the essence, why not try these quick flatbread snacks. Top with this delivious tomato sauce and any toppings you fancy.
Makes 4 from Simple Tasty Healthy by PW
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Flour for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 50g butter
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon of oil (for cooking)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Required meat or vegetable for topping
- Combine the butter and milk until it’s just melted either on the stove or in the microwave.
- Combine the liquid with the flour and salt and knead for a couple of minutes until fully combined
- Wrap in cling film and place in fridge while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Sauce Method and Finishing
- Blend together chopped tomatoes, tomato, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper in a hand blender.
- Take the dough out of the fridge, dust a little flour on work surface and cut the dough into 4 pieces
- Roll into balls and shape into flat rounds. Us the base of your hand or a rolling pin.
- Pre heat oven to 180. Heat a frying pan and add a drizzle of oil. Cook for 3 minutes and turn over. Place the sauce, cheese and any required filling on top. Cook in the hot oven for 10 mins until cheese has melted
- Sprinkle a little more oregano if required and sprinkle over some cracked black pepper.