With Britain having enjoyed the hottest summer since 1976, it’s little wonder that we’ve been focused on our outdoor spaces. But with autumn around the corner, urban storage company Urbaboxx are ready to share some gorgeous living room trends for AW18- with some fabulous pieces to update your lounge.
1) Metallics. Once more, metallic colours from gold to silver are big news, and there are lots of ways to utilise this trend in your lounge. Try gold accents like light fittings and candles or go bolder with a statement piece of furniture like the silver metallic Narrow Chrome Wire Shelving Unit from Urbaboxx, £72.00.
2) Black and white. The trend for completely monochrome interiors will hit lounges this AW18. This statement look can be achieved a lot easier than you might think with black or white throws for sofas and contrasting cushions. Use white shelving like the Urbaboxx White Shelving Range, from £35.00, as your base for black accessories, and position next to black framed pictures. Grouping shelves together can make this bold look even stronger.
3) Hygge. Hygge, or that feeling of contentment and calm has been around for a while and it’s going to keep on going for autumn and winter 2018. Hygge is all about pieces that make you feel good, and for this coming season of cosy evenings by the fire with Bake Off and Strictly that could mean sofas that greet you like an old friend, a soft rug to sink your toes into, and photos that make you smile. The White Grid Mesh Panel, looks beautiful weaved with fairy lights or displaying your hygge aspirations for the season and is yours for a feel good price of £25. The best trends after all, are ones that make you love your home even more.
4) Blue. Blue in all of its shades, navy through to petrol blue and down to very light baby blue is a colour that works incredibly well in the lounge. It’s a restful colour, but still bright enough to add interest. The great thing about blue is that you can go with the shade that you love best, or even better, mix and match your blues for a quirky look. If you’re going all out with the blue, keep storage minimal with the Urbaboxx Glass Shelving range from £34.00, to blend into the background.
5) Florals. Oversized florals are a big trend for AW18. Think overstuffed sofas covered in a floral print and bold floral wallpaper. If that’s too much floral for you, you can still indulge in the trend with smaller framed pictures and cushions. The floral trend works really well with natural woods like oak (another trend for AW18), so take a look at the Urbaboxx Oak Shelving Range from £44.00.
Urbaboxx is where you will find contemporary, minimalist and functional shelving and storage for modern, urban living. Urbaboxx is filled with top-quality shelving and storage choices that work perfectly in any room of a home, giving back precious space where you need it most. Urbaboxx offer innovative ideas for kitting the little luxury extras too, making light work of a walk-in wardrobe, pantry, wine cellar or outside cabin plus the nooks and crannies of an under stairs cupboard. With convenient delivery, cleverly designed products and excellent customer services too, Urbaboxx are on a mission to make light work of the urban dwellers shelving and storage dilemmas.