It’s Winter, cold days, colder nights and the elements can take their toll on our health which can lead to a knock on effect on our hair.
Whether you have long or short hair, winter weather can make the ends of your hair dry and brittle.
Cold weather combined with indoor heat can wreak havoc on our locks, leading to split ends and breakage.
That’s right: Breakage isn’t just a summertime sadness. It happens in winter, and to all hair types.
You may be under the impression that letting your locks dry naturally is key to healthy hair, yet in winter it’s critical to dry hair thoroughly before dashing into the cold. Anything that’s cold expands, and that’s what can happen with your wet hair shaft in the cold weather, which puts you at risk for breakage and makes your colour fade faster.
We are loving this styling range from industry leaders Revlon. Having road tested each one on our own crowing glory, we can vouch for the results. Easy to use styling tools which leave hair cozy dry through the winter months, yet glossy and with a mirror shine finish. We are no techy experts so we have listed all the key features and benefits below – but take it from us, you’ll want these handy hacks in your hair kit all year round.
Revlon Hair Tools have launched three new hair tools to help you care for your hair and ensure it stays looking healthy, glossy and damage free. Featuring the Salon 360 Surround™ AC Hair Dryer, Salon Straight Copper Smooth™ Styler and Salon One-Step Straight and Shine™ XL Heated Brush, the new PRO COLLECTION range has been specially designed for medium-long hair and fast professional results.
Reinvent how you dry your hair
The Revlon® Salon 360 Surround™ AC Hair Dryer, which was designed with long, naturally straight hair in mind, redefines traditional drying and styling with its two modes offering ultimate flexibility for maximum versatility in just one tool. With its powerful dual air jets, which quickly dry front and back sections of hair in the 360° mode, the Revlon® Salon 360 Surround™ AC Hair Dryer delivers 70%1 more hair drying coverage for results 60% faster2. Thanks to the precise angle of the airflow, which mirrors the technique used by hairdressers in salons to dry hair, locks are left naturally smooth while hair cuticles are sealed for less frizz and increased shine. Not only is this perfect for prepping hair ahead of straightening, but the 360° mode is also a great way to preserve natural curls by slowing down the speed.
KEY FEATURES/ BENEFITS:
- With a simple twist of the nozzle vents you can quickly and easily switch from the 360° mode to the classic mode
- The contoured air outlet delivers directional airflow for precise root styling and drying without the need for additional attachments
- Ionic technology and 2X ceramic coating protects hair from over-styling and ensures even heat distribution for shiny, manageable locks
- High-endurance AC motor for increased longevity
- Three heat and two speed settings, including a cold shot to help lock in styles giving you the freedom to choose the right setting for your hair type
- Ergonomic design and extra-long salon length cord
Experience the ultimate salon style for smooth, glossy locks
The Revlon® Salon Straight Copper Smooth™ Styler delivers the ultimate in salon performance for a long-lasting, reduced frizz, straight and shiny style. With its 10 second fast heat-up³ and extra-long 125mm rounded floating plates, you can achieve beautifully sleek results in no time, including flips and waves, while the slim design allows you to get close to the roots.
KEY FEATURES/ BENEFITS:
- Advanced copper 3X ceramic technology is gentle on hair providing 63% more shine4, 81% less breakage3 and helps to control the fading of coloured hair5 for healthier looking locks
- Copper plates help to control frizz for 24 hours4, delivering faster styling, fewer hot spots
- 30 variable settings of up to 235°C providing ultimate freedom when it comes to styling your hair type
- Inbuilt Smart Memory recalls last heat setting
- Extra-long tangle-free swivel cord
Touch up hair for smooth, frizz-free results
The Salon One-Step Straight and Shine™ XL Heated Brush is a cutting-edge hair straightening tool that blends the convenience of a hair brush and a straightener into one to reduce frizz and minimise styling time for faster salon results at home. The Salon One-Step Straight and Shine™ XL Heated Brush is the perfect option for styling alone or using as part of the three-step routine for second day touch up.
KEY FEATURES/ BENEFITS:
- 30% longer surface6 for faster results and fewer passes
- Multi-dimensional combs and detangling bristles to gently glide through your hair and reach those hard to style areas such as the back of your head and roots
- Advanced 3X ceramic coating ensures heat is evenly distributed for less damage
- Conditioning ionic technology controls frizz for beautifully glossy locks
- Curved ribbed exterior helps to guide hair to create relaxed waves and curls
- 10 heat settings and smart memory offers complete flexibility for all hair types
AVAILABILITY: Revlon’s® new PRO COLLECTION range is available now at Boots and Amazon
- Revlon® Salon 360 Surround™ AC Hair Dryer – £119.99
- Revlon® Salon Straight Copper Smooth™ Styler – £79.99
- Revlon® Salon One-Step Straight and Shine™ XL Heated Brush – £69.99