Christmas is a time for spreading cheer, and what better way than with a foodie gift?
Here at H+N we are obsessed with both, so we have put together our ultimate foodie gift guide for that gourmet lover in your life.
Whether you are looking for stocking stuffers through to main event we have something for everyone. So sit back, grab some snacks and lets get started!
1. Gingerbread Earrings – these adorable 9ct gold gingerbread earrings look as chic as they do tasty. RRP: £29 from JewelleryBox.co.uk
2. Great British Bakes Top Trumps – the best loved classic 90’s game is back and it’s got baking on its mind. Challenge your Victoria Sponge against your Nan’s Battenberg over the festive period and see who comes out on top of the cake stand. RRP: £4.99 from winningmoves.co.uk
3. Niomi Smart ‘Morning Beautiful’ Gift Set – the most instagrammable stocking stuffer this year has to see. YouTuber and Eat Smart author Niomi Smart has gone avo-crazy with her body wash, body lotion, body mist and hairbands inspired by natural oils and ingredients. RRP: £10 from boots.com
4. Pudding socks – keep your toes cosy and warm inside the delicious looking double-stuffed Christmas Pudding slipper socks from Hot Holders which include a special non-slip ‘Merry Christmas’ gripper design on the bottom and thick cushioned layers for luxury and comfort. RRP: £11.99 from sockshop.co.uk
Hot Chocolate Spoons – stir your hot-coco (with extra marshmallows) in style with these cute hot chocolate spoons in three adorable designs Miko the Panda; Cookie the Cat; Bruno the Bear. RRP: £3.95 from Rex London (formerly dotcomgiftshop)
6. Honeycomb – get your teeth stuck into a gingerbread delight with Mighty Fine’s finest handcrafted gingerbread honeycomb – handmade by elves* RRP: £2.50 available from Harvey Nichols and Selfridges.
*not actually made by elves.
1. Pongracz Rose – Get the glasses out and raise a glass of this clean and juicy rosé from South Africa which has subtle flavours of strawberry and blackberry. RRP: £13.22 from Master of Malt
2. Mac and Wild – the perfect after dinner tipple and party present comes in the form of these innovative pre-bottled whisky cocktails created using Scottish herbs and botanicals to take your taste buds on a wild adventure. RRP: £20 for a pack of four.
- Ginettone – cake and gin come together in the most festive way in this delectable limited-edition creation from renowned Italian chef Theo Randall and Mediterranean gin brand Gin Mare complete with a soft, light texture and notes of savoury herbs rosemary, thyme and basil with sweet citrus fruits. RRP: £22 available at Harvey Nichols.
4. Caorunn Gin – sit and savour the depth of flavour in Caorunn’s artisanal and small-batched gin which includes five locally foraged Scottish botanicals and is perfectly served with a slice of red apple. The perfect gift for the gin lover in your life. RRP: £28 from Sainsbury’s
5. anCnoc 12 year – discover a modern twist on the traditional whisky with this 12 year old complex yet smooth drink. anCnoc is known as a must-have in any whisky drinker’s collection and it’s clear to see why with their soft, honied and citrus dram. RRP: £34.99 from anCnoc.com
6. Bacardi Ańejo Cuatro –get in the festive spirit with Bacardi’s newest launch – the Añejo Cuatro brings a little bit of that sun-kissed Caribbean sun under the Christmas tree. The gift set comes with a bottle of the mild vanilla and toasted oak rum with a collectable tropical patterned glass. RRP: £25 from Harvey Nichols.
FOR THE KITCHEN
1. Nudo Olive Oil – give a gift that keeps on giving this year by adopting an olive tree. Each gift set includes an adoption certificate and a handmade pourer created by Yorkshire based artist, Michelle Freemantle. RRP: start from £72 from nudoadopt.com
2. Avocado Chopping Board – get to choppin’ and guac-in’ with this adorable bamboo chopping board that can be personalised with your very own avo-buddy! RRP: £24.99 from prezzybox.com
3. School of Wok Hamper – TV Chef and Cookbook author Jeremy Pang has just the gift to ‘wok and roll’ this Christmas. School of Wok’s Wok Gift Set includes bamboo spatulas, chopsticks, recipe inspiration ideas from Jeremy’s ‘Chinese Unchopped’ book and your very own non-stick 12” wok. RRP: £25 from schoolofwok.co.uk
4. Thermomix TM5 – let me introduce you to the ultimate all-in-one gift for amateur chefs to Michelin starred bakers! The Thermomix which has been dubbed the world’s most intelligent food processor does all you need it to and more from blending, mixing, grinding, grating, cooking and more this is the perfect gift for every foodie. RRP: from £900 thermomix.vorwerk.co.uk
5. Aabelard Apron – cook in style (and save your clothes from mess) with this luxe hand-sewn apron from Aabelard. Made in Britain using waxed cotton and soft Italian leather this is the perfect gift for those who like to keep it clean and professional , available in seven colours (can also be used in the Garden!) RRP: from aabelard.com
6. Flamingo Knife – cut in style with the patterned design pairing knifes from each colourful fun design can be matched to your kitchens theme or persons personality. Our favourite – the flamingo. RRP: £7.95 from www.kuhnrikon.co.uk
1. Indigo Nutrition Pure Chocolate Gift Kit (with fruit & nuts) – get your Wonka on and create your own delicious chocolate superfood treats with the help from Indigo Nutrition. Each box contains the ingredients needed to create your own organic chocolates topped with goji berries and brazil nuts. RRP: £19.99 from Indigo-herbs.co.uk
2. Drinking Chocolate Selection – nothing screams Christmas like a good ol’ steaming mug of Hot Chocolate and with this delightful set from Cartwright and Butler there is a choice for every taste bud and every day of the week. Their clip top signature jars contain different flavour of their best-loved chocolate beads – creamy milk; dark chocolate orange; salted caramel. RRP: £20 from cartwrightandbutler.co.uk
3. Paul a Young Very Orangey Chocolate Segments – an orange you will be happy to find in your stocking. Renowned and award-winning chocolatier Paul a Young has created a vibrant twist on the classic with his grown up Very Orangey Chocolate Segments which have been created with Guittard 65% Madagascan dark chocolate and flavoured with essential oils and
vitamin c for an added boost and lasting zing on your palate.
4. Divine Chocolate – a dark chocolates delight, Divine Chocolate, the international Fairtrade company have created a brand new organic range with innovative flavours such as 95% Exceptionally Rich, 85% Rich Dark with Cocoa Nibs, Rich Dark with Lemon, Rich Dark with Blueberry and Popped Quinoa and Rich Dark with Turmeric and Ginger. RRP from £2.99 from Ocado
5. Chocolate Cheeseboard – why not combine two of the best C words into one delicious treat? Find Me a Gift’s uncanny chocolate prezzie features delicious chocolate shamelessly masquerading as a cheese board – complete with a white chocolate and dark wedge of ‘Stilton’ white chocolate ‘Grapes’ and even a little white chocolate mouse. RRP: £12.99 from Findmeagift.co.uk
6. Doisy and Dram Connoisseurs Collection – Doisy and Dam and Drinks by the Dram have teamed up to create the ultimate hamper for foodies featuring carefully curated spirits paired with Doisy’s organic chocolate bar. RRP: £39.99 from doisyanddam.com
1. ScandiKitchen Wild Nordic Jams – Scandinavian food specialists ScandiKitchen have created a premium line of delicious jams that will make any sweet or savour dish burst with flavour. Berries are hand foraged and made in small batches to create Wild Cloudberry, Wild Lingonberry and Wild Bilberry. RRP: from £3.29 from www.scandikitchen.co.uk
2. Baboo Christmas Gelato – Cosy up in front of the fire with a frosty treat from Baboo, their new Christmas collection of ice-creams are all hand-made, locally produced and have the creamiest texture that makes you craving for more. With flavours such as Bah Humbug, Brandy, Pear Sorbet and Ginger Gelato there is something for everyone. RRP: £3 from baboogelato.com
3. His and Hers Hamper – looking for the perfect gift for that special couple in your life? Or just someone who loves both sweet and sour? Then look no further, this Hampton encompasses the best of both flavours with chocolates, biscuits, jams, crackers and fudge. RRP: £39.99 from Cartwrightandbutler.co.uk
4. Seggiano’s Artisan Sourdough Chestnut Panettone – perfect as a gift for the artisian food lover or as an after dinner party teat, the delicious panettone has been mde with local acacia honey and marrons glacés with generous amounts of chestnuts and buttery notes. RRP: £16.60 from seggiano.com
5. The Mixed Bacon Box – what better way to say you love someone then gifting them a mixed pack of hand-cured air-dried bacon – delivered straight to their door each month (or week). Cure and Simple create post-box bacon, with a dog deterrent packaging meaning more smokey goodness for you and less for your furry friend. RRP: from £4.95 from cureandsimple.com
6. Paxton&Whitfield Cheese Collection – this box is a true cheese lover’s delight complete with Paxton’s own cheeses and accompaniments including Cambert, cave-aged cheddar, ale chutney and so much more with each slab even more delicious than the last. No wonder it’s a customer favourite. RRP: £42 from paxtonandwhitfield.co.uk
FOR THE HOME
1. Silent Pool Candles – the classic gin that is full bodied and fresh with depth on every sip has partnered with Feather Edge to launch their own ‘The Gin Botanicals Collection’ which are a trio of 100% natural, handcrafted candles. Each one inspired by the botanicals infused in their best-loved gin, Kaffir Lime; Bergamot Orange; and Christmas Spirit with a burn time of approx. 40 hours. RRP: £30 each from Silentpooldistillers.com
2. Ellie Salt and Pepper Shakers – these adorable and quirky salt and pepper shakers are sure to lighten up the dinner table with their chic charm. Made in glitzy gold and platinum electroplated with a whole array of different animal designs. RRP: £7.95 from notjustjugs.com
3. Cookie Jar – can’t keep your hands out the cookie jar? We wouldn’t blame you either, especially when they are being kept in your very own personalised jar! The Personalised Gift Shop have an arrange of unique storage and foodie gifts for Christmas but we love this ceramic jar for storing Christmas Candy and Cookies. RRP £19.99 PersonalisedGiftsShop.co.uk
4. Christmas Pudding Flowers – gift something a little unusual this Christmas, with a delicious looking bowl of Christmas Pudding Flowers from Interflora which features an extravagant deluxe hand-tied bouquet of 18 white carnations, a red rose and holly in an festive plum pudding ceramic bowl. Smells as good as it looks! RRP: £45 (plus delivery) from intaflora.co.uk
5. Elly Unit– store your left over Christmas cakes and bakes in style with this chic storage unit from Wesco. Their art of colourful living includes the chic Elly units which come complete with ventilation holes to keep your goodies as fresh as the day you brought them and available in nine different colours. Classic Elly RRP: £92.95 from Wesco-shop.co.uk
6. Bluetooth Scales – take the guessing and work out of calculating with these innovative scales that not only measure the weight but calculate the calories straight to your phone, as well as tracking fats, cholesterol, carbohydrates, fibre, protein and sodium – perfect for the New Year! RRP: £48 from Horwood.co.uk
Written by Amanda Bootes, our girl in the know about food and lifestyle.