Another recipe from our friend FatFoodClub
Delicious Seafood In A Creamy Pasta Tagliatelle Sauce – If you are thinking date night, weekend treat or easy midweek serve up then this dish just about covers all three. In fact, this can be made in the time it takes to cook the pasta and packs a real punch in flavour and taste. I’m using crème fraiche and going full fat. You can of course slim this down by using reduced fat and if you really want to cut those calories you could even replace the wine with a little vegetable or chicken stock
- 300g of frozen king prawns
- 3 or 4 finely chopped shallots
- 1 lemon
- 1 crushed and finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 200ml of white wine
- 200ml of crème fraiche
- 1 small handful of chopped parsley
- 200g of tagliatelle
- Tip the frozen prawns into a colander and place under fresh running cold water to defrost. This will take 5-10 minutes regularly moving the prawns around in the colander and under the fresh water. Alternatively, take out the freezer an hour or so before.
- Meanwhile, place a heavy wide based pan on a medium to high heat. Add the butter and a drizzle of olive oil. Add the shallots, and garlic and fry gently for 5-10 minutes. Do not let these brown or burn.
- Once the prawns have deforsted and ready to cook give them a squeeze taking off any excess water and place onto the pan of shallots and garlic. Cook for another 5-10 minutes
- At this stage add the tagliatelle to a pan of boiling water.
- Go back to the prawns and shave the rind of the lemon and squeeze half into the pan. Add the wine and cook away reducing by half.
- Add in the crème fraiche and give everything a good stir. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Drain the tagliatelle and stir into the sauce. Finish with chopped parsley and serve with a cold glass of white wine.
Fancy another treat