Another recipe from our friend Paul @FatFoodClub
Toasted sourdough with sardines and smashed avocado – Superfood overload – healthy and nutritious – this simple but delicious recipe will make lunch times a meal to look forward to. All of these ingredients listed below are readily available in the supermarket. You will find the mixed lentil and sprout mix in the fresh produce section.
- 1 avocado – cut in half and scooped into a bowl
- 1 sourdough loaf
- 2 tins of sardines (6 small individual sardines are needed for this recipe – I have found each shop bought tin contains around 4 individual sardines)
- Mixed lentil and sprout mix
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Smash the avocado with the back of a tablespoon in a round bowl. Meanwhile, toast the sourdough. Once toasted, roughly spread the avocado on the sourdough.
- Open the sardines and place each on the prepared sourdough.
- Sprinkle a small handful of the mixed lentil and sprout mix over each sardine and avocado before finally seasoning with salt and pepper.
- As a final touch – drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil. (This is a light dish and therefore think about tomatoes or rocket salad as an additional garnish. Both of these would not be out of place here)
Fancy another serving?