Super quick and delicious chickpea curry by Paul Conboy @fatfoodclub
This quick and delicious chickpea curry can be served on its own or as a side to a main meal. Like all my recipes, this is a tried and tested favourite. The idea for this recipe has come from food blogger @healthylivingjames – For my version I have garnished with a @cheekyfoodco peanut sprinkle.
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato puree
- 300ml of hot stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 teaspoon each of curry powder, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, turmeric
- 400g can of coconut milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon of ground almonds
- 1 handful of washed spinach
- Chopped coriander to garnish.
- Gently fry the chopped onion and garlic in a heavy based pan with a little olive oil.
- Once softened add the spices and canned chickpeas followed by the tomato puree.
- Add the coconut milk along with the ground almonds and give everything a stir.
- Add the stock and simmer for 2-4 minutes until reduced and the sauce is thick to your liking. Season well.
- Finally, stir in and wilt the washed spinach. Serve and garnish with coriander.
- I’ve topped with chilli flakes and a delicious @cheekyfoodco peanut sprinkle.
For more delicious recipes from @fatfoodclub