Sausage, bean and tomato bake with feta by Paul Conboy @fatfoodclub
This is an incredibly simple one pot. I am using the delicious Grandads recipe pork sausages by Meatbox. You will need a cast iron pot or fry gently in a pan before transferring to an oven proof dish. It is perfect for a lazy Sunday served with a glass of wine.
- 6 Grandads recipe pork sausages by Meatbox.com
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 400g can mixed beans (drained)
- 1 medium sized chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 100ml red wine
- 400ml chicken stock
- Small handful of fresh torn basil
- 100g feta cheese
- Turn the oven on to 180 degrees.
- In the meantime and on a high heat, fry the sausages until golden brown in a little olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and gently fry the chopped onion alongside the sausages.
- Once the onion is softened add the garlic. Pour in the wine and reduce by at least half. This should only take a couple of minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and tinned tomatoes followed by the mixed beans. Stir everything and turn up the heat. Season well.
- Add the chicken stock and add the torn basil leaves. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Once simmering transfer to the oven with the lid on for 40 minutes. Check halfway through. If things look dry add a little more stock.
- Take out of the oven and crumble over the feta cheese. Grill for 5 minutes and serve and enjoy with toasted crusty ciabatta.
Fancy another recipe?