Roast tomato and nduja pasta with mascarpone cheese by Paul @fatfoodclub
This is a fantastic recipe which can be made using local ingredients. Its ideal for the weeknight as it is easy and quick to make. It can also be served as the most heavenly comfort food.
- 200g penne pasta
- 125g mascarpone
- 100g nduja
- 220g pack of sweet baby tomatoes and slice in half
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Small handful of roughly chopped basil
- Olive oil
- Heat the to 180 degrees. Take the sliced baby tomatoes and place onto a baking tray. Season and drizzle over the olive and balsamic vinegar. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes are roasted add to a heavy based pan on a medium heat along with the nduja. Gently fry for 4-5 minutes until the nduja is warmed through.
- In the mean time cook the pasta as per packet instructions. Once cooked drain reserving some of the pasta water.
- Take the reserved pasta water and pour half a cupful into the tomato and nduja mix. Stir through and reduce to a smooth consistency.
- Add the cooked pasta to the tomatoes and nduja and sir through along with the mascarpone cheese and a few leaves of roughly chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper and serve.