Another recipe from our best friend Paul at fatfoodclub
Arriving for an all out beer style stag do – i was left unsure whether a visit to Barcelona would include good food – let alone authentic style tapas.
Raw Zucchini with toasted almonds tomato and truffle oil
I was in fact proved wrong and we actually got the chance to eat in some really fantastic places. We ordered tapas one night and one of the small plates which arrived was this raw zucchini with truffle oil. It tasted absolutely amazing and therefore couldn’t help but remember the recipe to then make once i had arrived home.
Serves 2 (ideal as a small plate to accompany a meal or simply brilliant on it own)
Time: 10 minutes to make
- 1 large courgette
- 1 heaped tablespoon of flaked almonds
- 1 small handful of sun dried tomatoes
- 50 g of Parmesan cheese
- A drizzle of white truffle oil
- A drizzle of red wine vinegar
- Start by toasting the almonds until just brown in a shallow frying pan on a medium heat.
- Using a peeler, peel the courgette into strips and place into a large mixing bowl. Once the almonds have browned, leave to cool before adding to the courgette.
- Slice the sun dried tomatoes and add these to the almonds and courgette.
- Using the peeler, add the Parmesan to the mix reserving a little for decoration.
- Season with salt and pepper before a generous drizzle of the white truffle oil and red wine vinegar. You need just enough to coat the salad.
- Spoon the delicious mixture onto plates or individual tapas bowl before enjoying with a delicious Rioja wine.
For more recipes from Paul at FatFoodclub