How to cook the perfect totally healthy Bucatini Puttanesca by Paul Conboy @fatfoodclub
This is an easy recipe for a mid week meal seasoned with olives, anchovy, oregano and capers and totally healthy too!
This recipe will serve 2.
- 200g of sweet baby tomatoes sliced
- 1 finely chopped small red onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 3 anchovies filled finely chopped
- 1 handful of kalamata olives finely chopped
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small glass of white wine. I used Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Set a pan of water to boil.
- In the mean time drizzle the oil into a heavy based pan along and set to medium heat.
- Add the red onion and sliced tomatoes and soften everything right down until a little golden.
- Increase the heat and add the white wine and reduce by half.
- Cook the pasta and add the olives and anchovies to the pan of tomatoes and onion.
- Cook a little before adding the garlic and a ladle of the pasta water.
- Cook on a low heat for 5/6 minutes before stirring through the pasta.