Chorizo and Mozzarella Neapolitan Pizza by Paul Conboy @fatfoodclub
Pizza night is the best kind of night especially when they are homemade and you can pick your own toppings. I am making a delicious oven chorizo Neapolitan pizza with a dough and crust you will be proud to share.
This recipe will make 3 250g pizzas
- 444g of 00 pasta flour
- 293g of cold water
- 13g salt
- 4g of instant dry yeast
- Add the yeast to the water and stir. You can start to activate the yeast by using tepid water instead of cold water.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour and water whilst gradually adding the yeast and water mix. Once the dough comes together use the dough hook on your food mixer and knead for 10 minutes. If you do not have a mixer knead by hand for 10-15 minutes until the dough springs back after a firm touch.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let the dough rest in the mixing bowl for 3 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size divide into 3 and make 3 balls of dough.
- Stretch the dough into rounds using a rolling pin (but best by hand as you will avoid undoing all that time resting).
- Add a homemade tomato sauce and top with chorizo and mozzarella – oven bake on a pizza stone or tray using the highest temperature in your oven (250 degrees). Bake for around 20 minutes.