Spaghetti with Mussels and Beurre Blanc Sauce by @coxys_kitchen
Spaghetti with Mussels and Beurre Blanc Sauce is quick and easy to prepare, lending itself perfectly to impromptu dinner parties. This luxurious grown up dish can be served as a starter or main course – but whichever way you choose to serve it, make sure you savour every mouthful, because Spaghetti with Mussels and Beurre Blanc Sauce is a real treat on the palate.
Serves 4 as a main course, or 8 as a starter
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 360g dried spaghetti
- 320g prepared frozen mussels, defrosted and juices reserved
- 2kg cleaned rope-grown mussels if using fresh
- 60ml dry white wine
- 30ml white wine vinegar
- 50 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp crème fraîche
- 175g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Place the kettle on to boil, then cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions
- ONLY FOLLOW THIS STEP IF USING FRESH MUSSELS: Add the mussels to a large pan with 100ml of cold water. Put the pan on a high heat for approx.
- Take a large non-stick sauté or frying pan, then add the white wine, white wine vinegar, shallots and the juices from the defrosted mussels, or approx. 3 tablespoons of the reserved mussel juices. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half. Stir in the crème fraîche and continue to simmer for a further 2-3 minutes
- Reduce the heat, then start whisking in the cold butter a few cubes at a time until the sauce starts to thicken; it should have a smooth silky texture. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning if necessary
- Take the sauce off the heat then stir in the mussels with half of the chopped parsley. Drain the pasta reserving a little of the pasta water, then add the pasta to the beurre blanc sauce with a few spoonfuls of the pasta water and toss so that every strand is well coated with the sauce
- Serve into warmed bowls and sprinkle with the remaining parsley
About Coxy’s Kitchen
Coxy’s Kitchen provides a dinner party and private dining service throughout Yorkshire.
If you want to host a dinner party but don’t fancy the cooking, then contact Coxy’s Kitchen to cook for your dinner party. To make an enquiry or for an initial consultation, please email email@example.com